January 5, 2009

New Years Resolutions!

Every year we all make the greatest new years resolutions. To get out of debt/build wealth/get in shape/stop smoking! Most of us never really seem to accomplish these things though. We are all human; we will always take the path of least resistance. The very second things start to get a little tough with our goal that we are trying to achieve we will 99.9% of the time go back to the old way of doing things.

We all know the definition for insanity, "doing the same thing over and over expecting different results." In my studies of anyone who has achieved anything in their life that was worth writing, or even talking about has been when they were coached by someone. This coaching is what the most successful people claim that was the key to their success. Whether it be financial, athletic, to quit smoking, or even making a fortune.

I once read somewhere that Tiger Woods still to this day has 6 different coaches. Do you think Tiger woods needs any more coaching on how to be the world greatest golfer? Probably not, but this coaching keeps his skills sharp, accountable, and disciplined.

My New Years resolution in January 2007 was to become completely debt free in 10 years. By debt free I am talking about house paid off, student loans, credit cards, car payment, everything completely paid off. I have been able to make this dream become reality by getting on a proven system called the Money Merge Account which some of you may know about already. Now to this day I will be completely paid off in FULL in 7 years!

When we started my wife and I had exactly 30 years left on our mortgage because we had just bought our first home and I had several credit cards and a few student loans. With our free analysis from the company we were going to pay off everything in just over 10 years! Our goal was 10 years so we had to work really hard to get it down to this time frame.

Now today two years later we have about 7.1 years left to pay off everything. In just two years we have knocked off 3 years of debt. So it is actually working better than what I was guaranteed! There is no magic pill or potion. It is all about math and how the bank looks at money and an education and coaching from the company that really opens people’s eyes and teaches us that there is a much better way of doing things than what we were taught.

All that I know is my parents, my school teachers, and my college professors are all living from pay check to pay check and are one pay check away from a disaster! I knew that I was not going to get any results from following their guidance! So I encourage everyone to make their new year’s resolution about getting out of debt and building wealth a reality and start working with a company that will be around to see you reach your dreams! See you in the next post.